Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling back to MI (US) with my dog from Italy

Hi all,

I am trying to work out the logistics for getting my US born German Shepherd back into the country from Italy. I feel completely unsure of where to even begin due to the fact the company we moved over to Italy with 2 years ago helped with a relocation company. We are now trying to do the move back on our own and I am not sure if I have everything I need or if I need more health documents, etc. My dog is 3 1/2 years old, 85 lbs, we have a Sky Kennel Giant, microchip and we have an EU Pet Passport (plus all documentation from her trip over). Does the US require a Pet Passport for her to return, or will the EU Passport, Rabies vaccination documents, microchip, and a health document from our vet here be all that is required. She will also be traveling during the summer months and as cargo, so that I can put her on the plane in Europe and my husband can meet her plane in the US. Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks

Re: Traveling back to MI (US) with my dog from Italy

Your documentation should be fine. Not knowing the size of your pet, it is hard to know about the size of the crate. Just be sure there is at least 3" clearance above your pet's head when standing erect in the crate and plenty of room to stand up and turn around. Live Animal stickers, etc. Also, if your pet is flying into a city with a hot climate in the US, try to fly in at night.

Comment

Re: Traveling back to MI (US) with my dog from Italy

When I took my Westie to Italy and back into the US, I had all of her documentation, microchip etc. as was directed, but not one person, on either end checked it or was concerned about it, not even when I volunteered the information. She came in the cabin with me and was treated as just another carry-on. I couldn't believe how easy it was. This was back in 2008. I hope Your dog has the same ease of travel.

Comment

Working...
      X