Taking a dog to Hungary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a dog to Hungary

Hi there! I am planning to take my dog to Hungary and wanted to double check some information. I am planning to travel on Feb 20th and am using the EU 998 form. Do you think it will be a problem if it not bilingual? In addition I will have the Aphis 7001 Health Certificate and the Rabies Certificate from my vet. Will that cover what I need as far as forms?

I read on another site that i need to notify the Ministry of Veterinary Services in Hungary at least 3 days in advance so that they set up a vet clearance. Would you happen to know if this information is correct?

What can i expect at the airport on both ends?

Thank you for any help and advice. I am pretty nervous about inadvertently forgetting something or doing the wrong thing.

Yumiko

Re: Taking a dog to Hungary

The EU form 998 is fine for entry into Hungary at this time. It is valid for entry up until June 1st. You can take along the APHIS form but Hungary does not need it. As long as your pet was micro chipped with the ISO microchip, then vaccinated for rabies at least 21 days before travel you are fine. There is no advance notice required if you are traveling with your pet.
    Jerry

Comment

Working...
    X