Need to transport two boxers from USA to Namibia, Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to transport two boxers from USA to Namibia, Africa

From what I understand, it is no longer possible to bring your dogs in cargo while you are flying internationally, rather you must use a pet transporter. Is this true? It would be less expensive to pay for someone to fly to Africa and bring our dogs with them (we cannot bring them at the same time we go) Is there any way around the expense of using a transporter for the whole process?

Also, is it less expensive to transport a dog back to the USA from Africa, than to bring them to Africa?

Re: Need to transport two boxers from USA to Namibia, Africa

Not all airlines require the use of a pet transport agent to ship pets. I assume that your pet is traveling un-accompanied. If this is the case check with the air cargo department of the airlines that either fly direct between the two cities or at least an airline where the pet remains on the same airline the entire trip. The airline should charge the same for transportation either way as the cost is based on the weight of the pet and its IATA compliant pet crate and the length of the flight.
    Jerry

Comment

Re: Need to transport two boxers from USA to Namibia, Africa

They would actually have to switch planes 2 or 3 times. I was told that Delta could only get them as far as North Africa and then they would need to switch airlines. Is that possible without us accompanying them or using a transporter?

Comment

Working...
      X