Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From Italy to Malawi... my dog (and his woner) need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Italy to Malawi... my dog (and his woner) need help!

Hello,

I am relocating to Malawi in January 2012. I want to take my standard poodle with me but I find it very difficult to understand how everything works...

I asked an agency and they came out with a 5800 euro figure!!!

...not cool!

Can anybody help/direct me on how to start planning the journey?

To make things a little bit more difficult there are no direct flights to Malawi...

Any help is hugely appreciated.

Thank you from myself and Lulu

Re: From Italy to Malawi... my dog (and his woner) need help!

Your pet must travel on the same flight with you as checked baggage. Since there are no direct flights the pet must remain on the same airline the entire way. If that is not possible you will check the pet as far as the intermediate country, take it for a walk and then re-check it on the flight to Malawai. However you will need to comply with the pet import regulations for that intermediate country. If you let me know what that country would be I can provide you with the correct information.

Once you have determined the route you will call the airlines reservations office to make the booking for the pet to travel with you as checked baggage. It must have the pet passport documents for Malawai as well as the pet passort documents for the intermediate stop. There is no reason that you cannot make the arrangements yourself.
    Jerry

Comment

Working...
    X