Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas to London with pet

Hello,

I need to travel with my cat to UK(London) and just wanted to ask how its done the best way.

Do I need to to use a company for the transport or could I arrange all by myself?

Re: Dallas to London with pet

It varies by airline but if you are traveling on the same flight as your cat you should be able to make the arrangements yourself. You will need to call the airlines reservations office to make the booking, it cannot be done online.
    The pet must travel as manifested cargo (checked baggage) in an IATA compliant pet crate.
    I assume you are aware that the pet must be micro chipped, vaccinated for rabies, have a blood titer test six months in advance and be accompanied by the EU form 998 health certificate for the UK.

Comment

I agree with the admin on the post. I once did that and it is the same procedure outlined here.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
        It varies by airline but if you are traveling on the same flight as your cat you should be able to make the arrangements yourself. You will need to call the airlines reservations office to make the booking, it cannot be done online.
        The pet must travel as manifested cargo (checked baggage) in an IATA compliant pet crate.
        I assume you are aware that the pet must be micro chipped, vaccinated for rabies, have a blood titer test six months in advance and be accompanied by the EU form 998 health certificate for the UK.
        Thank you for the information!

Yes I know about the rabies/blood test.
        So, I just need the 998 form(Is this something the Vet needs to fill out or just me? When do I need this form to be filled out?) Is this then all I need or are there more forms or tests ?
        I'm just concerned I could forget something.

I know some people take the pet in the cabin, is this still possible for my flight?(I will fly British Airways) On this Route are just American Airlines and British Airway an Non stop option. I think, but I'm not sure American does not allow pets to travel to UK, maybe I"m wrong?

Comment

I forgot to ask if I need the USDA Endorsement for my travel to London? I'm an European citizen by the way.

Comment

If you are traveling from the United States the EU form 998 and the Blood Titer test results must be certified by the USDA area office.

Comment

Actually, I didn't understand your query. You are moving from Dallas to London with your pet then why you have a need for Transport Company? Do you want that the company will help you to transport your pet? And as suggested above discussing with airlines official would be better option.

Comment

Working...
              X