No announcement yet.

In need of HELP ......

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • In need of HELP ......

    I have a 3 part question, all relating to the same issue:

    First, I will be travelling with my 1 1/2 year old maltese/yorkie mix at the end of June from NJ to Zagreb, Croatia - with a 3 hour layover in Denmark. He will be travelling in cabin with me (reservations have been set with the airline). My vet is telling me that I need 2 separate health certificate forms (which they will provide), one for Denmark (EU) and one for Croatia (non EU), and that each form must be certified by the USDA. I am not sure, however, why I need to fill out a form for a country (in this case, Denmark) which is simply a layover, as I won't be going through customs until I reach my final destination of Croatia.

    Second, I was told by my vet that since we will be there for over 30 days, I would need to obtain all new health certificates issued by a vet in Croatia for travel back to the USA??????? None of this makes sense to me.

    Third - though I am travelling from NJ, I reside in FL. Yes, the health certificates will be issued by a vet in FL (as will the USDA Cert). Could there be any problems with a FL issued cert and travel originating in NJ???????

    I have tried contacting the Embassy of Denmark as well as Croatia, and nobody has answers for me. Can someone, anyone, please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • #2
    Re: In need of HELP ......

    Response from Jerry:

    If you are just transiting Denmark then you do not need the EU form 998. However it is a long flight and if you need to take the pet for a walk before boarding the next flight then you will have to go through immigration and obey their regulations and you would need their form. In addition your pet must have been micro chipped with the ISO 15 digit microchip.

    It does not matter in which State you have the forms filled out by a veterinarian and then certified by the USDA but the veterinarian must be accredited in the State you are having the forms certified.