No announcement yet.

Cats travelling Morocco - UK: help!

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cats travelling Morocco - UK: help!


    I am going round in circles trying to find out this info and would be massively grateful for clarity.

    I am looking to fly a five-month old kitten from Marrakech to London. I realise I need all the correct vaccinations and microchips for her to leave Morocco, and that this is a 3-6 month process.

    I also gather she cannot fly direct from Morocco to the UK - I would need to fly with her (with her in the cabin) via France or another European city first, then onward via road into the UK. So far, so understood.

    However, a contact of mine has just said that the kitten would need to spend some time in Spain, being wormed, before going onto the UK.

    Can anyone advise me on this? Has anyone flown an animal from Morocco to London and found a relatively painless way to do this? I see Royal Air Maroc might be my best bet.

    Thank you.

  • #2
    Re: Cats travelling Morocco - UK: help!

    Lucia - you can find requirements to import your kitten to the UK here and there are links to further instructions and forms if you need them: The steps (especially 1-5) must be done in order. The titer test in step #3 will be required.

    Your kitten must fly into the UK as air cargo according to the regulations of all commercial airlines that are approved to fly live animals to the UK. You can avoid this requirement by flying to Paris, taking the train to Calais, then riding Le Shuttle to Folkestone or there are other pet friendly ferries. You will need to ride in a vehicle for these options. If friends or relatives cannot pick you up, there are services that can assist. You can also fly to AMS and take DFDS ferry as a foot passenger and they have pet friendly cabins.

    Technically, according to EU legislations, kittens do not need to be wormed to enter the UK although it maybe required for resident pets in Spain. The EU health certificate you use to enter Spain or any other EU country can also be used to enter the UK.