Traveling to the Bahamas with an Emotional Support Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling to the Bahamas with an Emotional Support Dog

What do I need to do to make sure my dog is allowed into the Bahamas? I have paperwork from airline approving him as emotional support animal. Anything else? Anyone have experience with this?

Re: Traveling to the Bahamas with an Emotional Support Dog

littlemouse0714 - it is important to know that emotional support animals are subject to the same requirements as are other animals when it comes to entering the Bahamas. Your ESA will need to conform to regulations here: https://www.pettravel.com/immigration/bahamas.cfm. There are links on this page to further instructions and forms if you need them.
    Susan

Comment

Re: Traveling to the Bahamas with an Emotional Support Dog

I traveled with my poodle last year. We have a nice and unforgettable trip—I put him into the pet sling carrier and pet him on my laps.
      Here are some suggestions according to my experience.
      It's better to inform the airline about your emotional support dog at least 48 hours before flying. I heard that different airline companies have different "animal rules", including the number of animals you can carry into the cabin. In normal, they only allow two animals (service dog/ESA dog/ESA cat) to fly with the passengers in the cabin, but the passenger should submit the ESA application in advance. So, I suggest you call for them asap. BTW, honestly tell them the breed and size of your dog, so they can arrange a proper seat for you.
      Make sure your dog is healthy and completely vaccinated. Although many airlines don't require a health report, it's advisable to bring your dog to the vet for checking up.
      This is a relevant source about traveling with your dog by plane. supportdogcertification.org/article/how-travel-your-dog-plane

Comment

Working...
      X