Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have experience +13 hours direct flight with dog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have experience +13 hours direct flight with dog?

Hi everyone ,
    I have a flight from Doha to Montreal with Qatar airways which is 13h:50m direct flight and I am worried about my dog . Do you know is it dngerous for him or not ?

Does anyone have experience flight with dog more than 13 hours ?

Thank you

Re: Does anyone have experience +13 hours direct flight with dog?

Hello - it is likely that your dog will sleep a good part of the trip to the "drone" (repeating sound) of the engines. Getting your pet acclimated to its crate is one of the best things you can do to help your dog. It will not be as stressful for your dog if it sees the crate as its safe place. More information on flying with a dog in an airplane here: https://www.pettravel.com/news-airline-pet-travel.cfm
    Susan

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      Hello - it is likely that your dog will sleep a good part of the trip to the "drone" (repeating sound) of the engines. Getting your pet acclimated to its crate is one of the best things you can do to help your dog. It will not be as stressful for your dog if it sees the crate as its safe place. More information on flying with a dog in an airplane here: https://www.pettravel.com/news-airline-pet-travel.cfm
      Susan
      Thank you , so you mean 14h flight is ok for him ?

Comment

Your dog should be in good health and used to being in the crate before any airline flight. Tell the airline crew that your dog is in the cargo hold.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
          Your dog should be in good health and used to being in the crate before any airline flight. Tell the airline crew that your dog is in the cargo hold.
          My 2 dogs flew more than 15 hours with a DELTA from JNB to ATL in 2015 (in the meantime DELTA does not take any pets on board during flights exceeding 12 hours). My pet travel agent in Atlanta said, they were a bit "disturbed" after the flight, but ok. But what shocked me was when the flight attendant told me that since 9/11 they are no more allowed to access to cargo department during the flight... So the dogs were totally unattended during this time - maybe this is the reason why they don't take any more pets on board on long-distance flights. You could ask your airline how they handle this. The better the dogs are used to the kennel, the better: have them sleep in it 1-2 months before the flight. And put a worn T-shirt with your smell in it to make them more comfortable.

Comment

Working...
          X