X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admin
    replied
    Re: Do I need a Titer test?

Elfi - your dog does not need a titer test if you are flying in and out of AMS on the same airline AND, if your dogs are flying as checked baggage or air cargo, the layover is not over 3 or so hours. If these two conditions are yes, then the airline will transit your dogs and they will not enter the Netherlands and no titer test is needed.

If your dogs are changing airline companies, then they will need to be claimed and clear customs and all requirements to enter the Netherlands must be met. If the layover is more than 3 hours, the airline must be contacted to see if they can hold your dogs during the layover.
    Susan

Leave a comment:

• Elfi
    replied

I am preparing my flight from Nicaragua to Madagascar via Amsterdam and Paris, using pety travel agents. My pet travel agent told me I do not need a titer test, if the dogs stay less than 24 hours in transit. Can you confirm this?

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied

Get it done in the US. It will be good to enter the EU from Kazakhstan.
    Susan

Leave a comment:

• Barb
    replied

Thank you Susan ..now to figure out how to do this from Kazakhstan

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied

You will not need the titer test to enter the EU from the USA. You will need the test to enter the EU from Kazakhstan. So, you can travel to Kazakhstan but the time of your return must be more than 3 months from the date the blood was taken for the test. Your vet will take the sample and send it to The lab and the results will be returned to your vet.
    Susan

Leave a comment:

• Barb
    replied

So if I got the TITER test done in the USA that means I cannot travel for three months? Or I can travel but I can only transit without leaving the airport? Also if I do get the test done in the USA would they just send the results via email? Thanks for your advice

Leave a comment:

• Barb
    replied

Thanks ...lots to think about

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied

Barb - these are the regulations to enter the EU from a high-rabies country like Kazakhstan. The good news is that, once you get the titer test done, it is good for the life of your dog as long as you never let its rabies vaccinations expire. Always get the booster for your dog before the previous rabies vaccination expires. Your vet will take a blood sample and wiill send it to an EU-approved laboratory for processing. The process is as follows: 1. microchip 2. rabies vaccination (must be done after the chip but same vet visit is OK) 3. minimum 30 day wait 4. titer test 5. 3 calendar month wait before entering any EU country. You may have done some of these steps already which is good. When you get back to the USA, get the titer test done. It will be easier to do that in the USA than in Kazakhstan. As for the EU health certificate, you will need to have a licensed vet in either the USA or Kazakhstan complete it within 10 days of travel and have it endorsed by the USDA if you are in the USA or a government vet if you are in Kazakhstan. This must be done every time you enter the EU. You can find regulations to every EU country here and there are links to further instructions about the titer test and health certificate here (click the drop down): https://www.pettravel.com/passportnew.cfm.
    Susan

Leave a comment:

• Barb
    started a topic Do I need a Titer test?

Do I need a Titer test?

I am from the USA but living temporarily in Kazakhstan ..my question is when I take my little dog back to the USA I usually stop somewhere in Europe with no problems. Sometimes I go through the airport to take my dog out to potty or even to spend a night or two. This time I got stopped in Munich and I got into big trouble by customs immigration police. They told me that I needed to get a titer test and also fill out the EU form. I always get the correct certificates when I leave Kazachstan and also when I leave the USA. My dog has all the correct shots etc. is it really necessary to get the Titer test done and where on earth can that be done here in Kazakhstan? I have one vet in my town and she is not equipped with anything to do with lab work. It seems a lot of work to do just for a stop over for a night or two every time I fly back to the USA...All the other times I had no problems just walking through immigration but this time I totally got chewed out by a mean immigration police man 😡
Working...
X