Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing pet poodle and terrier from the Philippines to the USA

Hi!

I'd like to seek everyone's advice and suggestions on the steps I need to take in order for me to bring my two dogs (a toy poodle and a yorkie) to the US(Maryland to be specific). My Immigrant visa has been approved and I want to bring them with me as they are like my children. I'm a bit anxious and paranoid as well as this is the first time I'll be travelling with dogs. Their vaccinations are all up to date as well

Here are some questions that I have:

1. What airlines allow pets on flights from Manila to the US?
    2.What paperwork do I need to obtain to clear my dogs to travel?
    3.Is it necessary to have microchips to be put on my dogs for them to travel?
    4.Is it safe for small dogs to fly in cargo?And do airlines allow two dogs to share one carrier?

I hope someone can help me with this and please feel free to give other inputs as well. Another concern of mine is the procedures on how to check in my dogs at the Manila airport, as the Manila airport personnel have been quite infamous for mishandling baggage and extortion.

Thank you!!!

Re: Bringing pet poodle and terrier from the Philippines to the USA

.Jmagajes - this is a long trip and you may want to consider breaking it up a bit. Philippine Airline flies into LAX where you can clear customs and fly domestically to Dulles. Giving your dogs time to recover before the next flight would not be a bad idea. Speak to the airlines about them flying together but they will need to fly in the cargo hold. Your pups will need to conform to US regulations (https://www.pettravel.com/immigration/unitedstates.cfm). You can find regulations to export your pets from the Philippines here (step 9) https://www.pettravel.com/immigration/philippines.cfm.
    Susan

Comment

Working...
    X