Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel with Dogs to Spain by Boat Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel with Dogs to Spain by Boat Possible?

Hello all. I don't know if anyone has done it or not, but we want to bring our dogs to Spain via a cruise (we're too nervous about putting them in cargo). The problem is that the International Health Certificate is to be completed "10 days before travel". The cruise is 15 days so we wouldn't be able to meet that criteria. Does anyone know- is there any way around the 10 days requirement?

Re: Travel with Dogs to Spain by Boat Possible?

JKB - as long as you are at sea, an exception should be granted to enter Spain. You should notify veterinary officials. What country are you cruising from?
    susan

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      JKB - as long as you are at sea, an exception should be granted to enter Spain. You should notify veterinary officials. What country are you cruising from?
      susan
      Thx for that Susan! We live in Vancouver, British Columbia, will be driving through the States and leaving from Miami. Who are the veterinary officials I should notify- do you know? I would love to work something out, but don't have a clue how to go about it!

Comment

JKB - are you on a commercial cruise or private yacht.? Do you plan to stop at any islands before arriving in Spain? You can find regulations to import a dog or cat to over 200 countries here: https:// www.pettravel.com/Passport we.cfm.
        What port in Spain do you intend to enter?
        Susan

Comment

JKB - are you on a commercial cruise or private yacht.? Do you plan to stop at any islands before arriving in Spain? You can find regulations to import a dog or cat to over 200 countries here: https:// www.pettravel.com/Passport we.cfm.
          What port in Spain do you intend to enter?
          Susan
          We're coming in on a commercial cruise and won't plan to stop anywhere before our end destination- Barcelona. I do think I finally found the answer to my question this morning though. Per Spain's Embassy in Washington's website (and as written on the actual Health Certificate that is to be filled out as it turns out), if one is arriving by sea, the 10 days is extended by the number of days at sea.

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Embajadas/WASHINGTON/en/Embajada/agriculture/Documents/INFORMATION%20MOVEMENT%20NON%20COMMERCIAL%20rev.JU LY.2017.pdf

It'll still present some challenges for us- we won't be able to get our Certificates done in Canada before we leave- we'll have to find a veterinarian, probably in the Miami area, to complete the paperwork for us before we board- but we're very hopeful it can be done.

Many thx for your help. This website and all the offerings are excellent. I'm sure I'll be in touch again!

Comment

JKB - this is the same arrangement that the UK uses for the Queen Mary 2. We can help you with getting health certificates completed and USDA endorsement in Miami if you need it as we do serve this area. Just send an email to info@pettraveltransport.com and we would be happy to discuss with you.
            Susan

Comment

JKB - this is the same arrangement that the UK uses for the Queen Mary 2. We can help you with getting health certificates completed and USDA endorsement in Miami if you need it as we do serve this area. Just send an email to info@pettraveltransport.com and we would be happy to discuss with you.
              Susan
              It's like you were reading my mind! We will need that done for sure. Thank-you Susan and pettravel.com!

Comment

Working...
              X