Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emigrating with a dog from South Afirca

Hi

we brought our dog from the UK to South Africa 3 years ago. He is microchipped with a European Pet Passport and his rabies vaccinations have been kept up to date. My husband's contract will expire soon and I would like to know where we can take our dog without having to quarantine him. As I understand it we would have to quarantine him if travelling back to the UK. Could I take him to Europe or America (North or South) or Canada or Dubai? My husband's next career move is dependent on the welfare of our dog and I am not prepared to quarantine him.

Cheers

Re: emigrating with a dog from South Afirca

You are correct that you cannot take the pet into the UK without it going into quarantine for six months. If you have a blood titer test done 3 months in advance you could enter most other EU countries and then eventually take the pet into the UK without quarantine. You could also come directly to the United States with the pet only having a rabies vaccination and a health certificate and having been inspected for screwworm - no quarantine. You could then eventually take the pet to the UK with no quarantine. The complete rules and forms for all countries are available at [url]www.pettravelstore.com[/url] - click on Pet Passports.
    Jerry

Comment

Re: emigrating with a dog from South Afirca

Thanks Jerry - the things we do for our pets!

Comment

Working...
      X