US to Brazil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US to Brazil

I will be traveling with both my cat and dog from Chicago (ORD) to Sao Paolo (GRU) next month. We have 2 options for sending our pets:
    1) Continental via Houston (IAH) as cargo. However, when shipping animals to GRU as cargo there is an extensive customs process (no less than 6 hours) and it is highly recommended to have a customs agent. They average around $1700 USD and our company will not reimburse this expense. The good part about this option is that Continental has a proven and credible PetSafe program for check-in to pick-up. I trust them with my animals.
    2) United non-stop to GRU as excess baggage. The problem with this option is that I have a snub-nosed breed and with weather conditions being, on average, less than 45 degrees in Chicago and averaging around 80 degrees in Sao Paolo, I am fearful I will be bumped from my flight due to weather embargos or worse, my animals will not be taken care of and they will suffer on the tarmac due to the heat upon arrival. The good part about this is, is that it is non-stop and we arrive earlier in the morning (read cooler). Additionally, I will see them immediately as they come out just as the bags do and I don't have to process an airway bill as I would if they were cargo.

Can anyone tell me what they think is the best option based on their experiences? Your knowledge is extremely helpful!
    Kind Regards,
    Ashley

Re: US to Brazil

Please....any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you!!

Comment

I think you need to have Brazil health certificate signed by a licensed veterinarian and the pets must be vaccinated.. Enjoy your holiday in Brazil...

Comment

There can be a plane to go to brazil from USA.

Comment

Working...
        X