Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travelling from the Netherlands to Canada with kitty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admin
    replied
    Re: Travelling from the Netherlands to Canada with kitty!

Unfortunately, neither of these airlines allow pets in the cabin..

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied

[QUOTE=mandie_044;500]We are busy preparing to bring our kitty back from Holland to Canada after living there for almost 2 years. I have heard of natural *********** to ease a cat while travelling. Our cat is a very vocal traveller and meows the whole time out of nervousness. Has anyone used these? How well do they work? It is not so easy to feed things like this to our cat, because she does not like treats!
    Also, has anyone encountered allergic passengers on planes? I do not want to make anyone else uncomfortable while travelling with our cat, but I suppose this cannot be avoided.
    How do you change your cats crate if they make a mess. Can you take them to the washroom to clean it out? Lots of unanswered questions. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Amanda
    There are several calming agents available - one called happy traveler is especially good. I find that I can disguise the pill in something that my pet likes such as tuna. I am afriad the airline cannot allow you to take the pet crate and cat into the bathroom. Technically it must remain under the seat but most flight attendants will allow you to pull it out between your feet during the flight.
    You may want to visit this online store: [url]www.pettravelstore.com[/url]
    Jerry

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

It depends from airlines. Some airlines do accept and some do not. I heard its not that hard to move a kitty from Netherlands to Canada but you can't take them with you.

Leave a comment:

• Alex James
    replied

You can travel by car without border controls from NL to Sweden via Germany and Denmark.

Leave a comment:

• nice432
    replied

The Canadian Transportation Agency is now reviewing whether pets should be banned from aeroplane cabins. Pets can be accommodated comfortably and safely in airplane cargo holds, which is where they belong. Airlines must choose to put the needs of their human passengers first, or be forced to do so.

Leave a comment:

• Campbell
    replied

Hello Amanda,

Yes. Besides larger cargo crates, we can ship to anywhere in the world.

Originally posted by mandie_044 View Post
    Thanks for the info Jerry! I have called KLM as well to ask some questions and they were very helpful. I will look into Happy Traveler for sure. Does the Pet Travel store ship to Netherlands? We are going TO Canada and not many sites ship to Europe. The more I learn, the more confident I feel about travelling with her!

Thanks,
    Amanda

Leave a comment:

• mandie_044
    replied

Thanks for the info Jerry! I have called KLM as well to ask some questions and they were very helpful. I will look into Happy Traveler for sure. Does the Pet Travel store ship to Netherlands? We are going TO Canada and not many sites ship to Europe. The more I learn, the more confident I feel about travelling with her!

Thanks,
    Amanda

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied

The pet travel store sells a product called Happy Traveler. It is a natural product and seems to calm nervous animals. You might try sprinkling a little on her food as it is tasteless. I doubt that the airline would allow you to take the pet crate in the bathroom as the cat must stay inside for the entire trip and they would not let you carry the crate and the cat down the aisle. You can however add disposable pads to the crate and that could be removed during the flight and disposed of with a new one being put in the crate. I suggest you visit [url]www.pettravelstore.com[/url] for the items you will need. As you probably know the Netherlands requires that your pet be micro chipped with the ISO 15 digit microchip, vaccinated for rabies and a licensed veterarian must complete the EU form 998 for the Netherlands. That form is then certified by the CFIA. If you need the complete instructions and the EU form 998 for the Netherlands go to [url]www.pettravelstore.com[/url] and click on Pet Passports and scroll down to the Netherlands.
    Jerry

Leave a comment:

• Travelling from the Netherlands to Canada with kitty!

We are busy preparing to bring our kitty back from Holland to Canada after living there for almost 2 years. I have heard of natural *********** to ease a cat while travelling. Our cat is a very vocal traveller and meows the whole time out of nervousness. Has anyone used these? How well do they work? It is not so easy to feed things like this to our cat, because she does not like treats!
    Also, has anyone encountered allergic passengers on planes? I do not want to make anyone else uncomfortable while travelling with our cat, but I suppose this cannot be avoided.
    How do you change your cats crate if they make a mess. Can you take them to the washroom to clean it out? Lots of unanswered questions. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Amanda
Working...
X