Cats from France to Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cats from France to Australia

Does anyone ever transported a cat from France to Australia. I'm currently in the process of investigating the options, but don't seem to get very far. There is one company that sent me a quote, but it is extremely expensive (e.g.. to take the cats to Bordeaux airport from my house, just 50 miles) would already be Euro 300. What can I do myself or are there other companies that can organise this transport a bit cheaper. Thanks an advance for your replies.

Re: Cats from France to Australia

Marbros - Australia does not require that you use an agent to import your pet; however, your airlines may. Because the regulations for Australia are comprehensive and there is lots of room for error if the process is not followed exactly, the airlines feel more comfortable if an agent is oversees the pre-travel arrangements. Your cat must also fly into Melbourne as air cargo (more expensive service) for 10 days of quarantine and there is a hefty import tax. In short, it is quite expensive to import any animal to Australia. That said, you can do the process yourself, take your cat to the cargo facility and check it in, but you need to be able to book the transport yourself. Find an airline that flies the route and will allow you to book and you are on your way to keeping the cost down. Remember, too, that you will need an address in Australia for the import permit.You can find requirements to import your cat to Australia here: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/australia.cfm.
    Jason

Comment

Re: Cats from France to Australia

Thanks so much, Jason. Will investigate further.

Comment

Working...
      X