Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel with large dog from bucharest, romania to calgary, canada

Hello,

We are planning to travel with our dog ( it's a Dog de Bordeaux and it will be around 48 kilos at the time of travel ) from Bucharest, Romania to Calgary, Canada with Lufthansa and I want to know how our dog will be handled in Frankfurt were we will change our plane. The waiting time between planes is between 5 hrs and 13 hrs, depends by the flight. In case the waiting time will be 5 hrs the dog will stay with us or Lufthansa will take him directly to the new plane ?
    There is someone who travelled with a large dog for such a long distance on this forum in order to share us his experience ?

Re: Travel with large dog from bucharest, romania to calgary, canada

Since you are traveling within the EU - Romania to Germany I would suggest you get the documents so that the pet can enter Germany. You can then pick the pet up at baggage claim and take it for a walk before checking it in on the flight to Canada. Otherwise Lufthansa will transfer the pet from one flight to another as long as the pet remains on Lufthansa the entire trip.
    Jerry
    Last edited by Campbell; 01-19-2011, 05:31 PM. Reason: Supervisors Directions

Comment

Re: Travel with large dog from bucharest, romania to calgary, canada

Thank you both for your reply.
      I will also contact Lufthansa in order to get more info from them.

Comment

Working...
      X