UK to Algeria -- health certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK to Algeria -- health certificates

Under the Health Certificates heading on the information page for travelling to Algeria, it's said that "the Governing Authority responsible for the import and export of pets should endorse the forms". Can anyone clarify what this means? What exactly does the "endorsing" consist of? In the UK the governing authority is presumably DEFRA (Department of the Environment and Agriculture) -- they issue export certificates for some countries, but not Algeria (I asked them). As far as I know they don't have any procedure for endorsing other people's certificates.

Re: UK to Algeria -- health certificates

Maputan - If a government veterinarian from DEFRA indicates that they do not endorse veterinary certificates, then you may want to contact your local APHA office for confirmation. WIT@apha.gsi.gov.uk
    Phil

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I asked the APHA, and the answer was "Official Veterinarians can only complete DEFRA forms". So it seems that this requirement cannot be completed if travelling from the UK.

The requirement that the governing authority endorse the forms does not, incidentally, appear anywhere that I can find in the Algeria Pet Passport pack, but only on the information page at http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/Algeria.cfm . All of which leaves me very confused!

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. This is a USDA requirement. Not required when entering from the UK.
        Susan

Comment

Working...
        X