Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK to USA

Hello,

I am looking for information with regards to traveling from the UK to Florida with my Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

I have been looking online but have found a lot of conflicting information so i am hoping i might find clarity here.

Firstly does anyone have any experience traveling to the US with a SBT as i know breed specific legislation is imposed in different states and most Airlines wouldn't accept my dog as cargo - so any advice/experiences will be appreciated.

My Wifes family still live in Fort Lauderdale and know of people with Bull Breed types dogs but i have found conflicting information with regards to banned breeds - as i understand it Bull breeds are banned in Miami but not in Boward County (where we will be living) - Does this mean i will face issues if i wanted to fly into Miami Direct or would it be worth flying to an alternate airport?

Furthermore i understand that there is only certain times in the year which you are able to travel with your dog due to the temperature. - do you know when this is?

With my boy being a Staffy is there any additional information/documentation i need rather then the usual.

This is a big move for me and i want to ensure i find the safest/most effective route of transport for my dog as i couldn't ever leave him behind.

Thank you all in advance!!

Oliver

Re: UK to USA

Hello Oliver - Broward County has dangerous dog laws; however, they are not breed specific. You should not have problems flying into Miami with a Staffordshire Bull Terrier as long as you are not settling in Miami-Dade County, although there are many flights that terminate at FLL. Lufthansa will transport your Terrier if they fly your route. It may need to fly as air cargo.
    Susan

Comment

Working...
    X