St. Maarten transit with final destination to St. Barth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Maarten transit with final destination to St. Barth

I am going to St. Barth with a transit in st. Maarten. Do I need to worry about St. Maarten. It's so weird that St. maarten is such a big transit hub and they have 0 info for pets in transit....

I have been posting everywhere online I can think of to get this info....so any help at all is appreciated.

Merci beaucoup (like the French say)

Re: St. Maarten transit with final destination to St. Barth

Bonjour Jolie - if you are flying in and out of St. Maarten on the same airline, then, your pet should transit through the country. If it is traveling in the hold, then the layover should not be more than 2-3 hours. If it is in the cabin, then you will stay in the secure area of the airport until you board your next flight.

If you are changing airlines in St. Maarten, then you will need to claim and recheck your pet. This will cause your pet to clear customs and enter St. Maarten, and thus abide by its regulations. (http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/SintMaarten.cfm)
    Susan

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      Bonjour Jolie - if you are flying in and out of St. Maarten on the same airline, then, your pet should transit through the country. If it is traveling in the hold, then the layover should not be more than 2-3 hours. If it is in the cabin, then you will stay in the secure area of the airport until you board your next flight.

If you are changing airlines in St. Maarten, then you will need to claim and recheck your pet. This will cause your pet to clear customs and enter St. Maarten, and thus abide by its regulations. (http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/SintMaarten.cfm)
      Susan
      Bonjour susan,

I am changing planes, but i will not need to claim my pet as she she stays with me. she is traveling cabin. So how does this work?

Thanks again.
      Jolie

Comment

Are you changing airline companies?

Comment

Are you changing airline companies?
          Yes, the larger airlines don't fly into st. Barth which can only accommodate very small 6/10 seater planes.

Also, someone from another forum sent me this transit form.declaration transit.jpg

Comment

From what I can see, this is an EU form. If you are changing airlines, then you need to clear customs to get to the check-in desk of the airlines that flies the next leg of your trip. You may want to contact customs at St Maarten to see if you need to have clear customs to recheck your pet on the next airline.
            Susan

Comment

From what I can see, this is an EU form. If you are changing airlines, then you need to clear customs to get to the check-in desk of the airlines that flies the next leg of your trip. You may want to contact customs at St Maarten to see if you need to have clear customs to recheck your pet on the next airline.
              Susan
              Yes, It is an EU form. Both St. Barth and St. Maarten (Dutch Side) are part of the EU.

Comment

They are listed Third countries, just like the US, Canada and other countries. But that does not mean you can't use the form. Best to contact customs at St Maarten to be sure.

Comment

They are listed Third countries, just like the US, Canada and other countries. But that does not mean you can't use the form. Best to contact customs at St Maarten to be sure.
                  They are not listed third countries, nor are they like the US or canada.

EU stands for European Union. St. Barth is terroritory of France and St Maarten is part of the Netherlands, so both are part of the EU and so both must abide by EU laws and regulations.

Comment

Working...
                  X