Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long of a layover do you need to take dog outside and get back through security??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long of a layover do you need to take dog outside and get back through security??

Hi
    I am traveling internationally from Tel Aviv, Israel to Miami, Florida. My terrier mix will only be just over a year old so I am planning a flight with a layover. My question is, how long do you need to get out of the airport (in a European airport) to walk him and then get back through security? I will be flying on an American passport.

Thanks!

Re: How long of a layover do you need to take dog outside and get back through securi

You should allow at least three hours. Are you aware that you will go through customs in the European city and you must comply with that countries requirements which are more strigent than those for the United States. Certainly a ISO microchip will be required along with the EU form 998 health certificate. Depending on the country a blood titer test might also be required. If you need the complete rules, instructions and necessary forms for any country go to [url]www.pettravelstore.com[/url] and then click on Pet Passports - Immigration Info and scroll down to the country. Everything can be emailed to you.
    Jerry

Comment

Working...
    X