9 week old puppy Germany to US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 week old puppy Germany to US

Can a 9 week old German Shepard puppy be shipped from Germany to the US.

Re: 9 week old puppy Germany to US

Jasin - see step #8 Puppies and Kittens on this page: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/unitedstates.cfm. Although the US considers Germany a rabies-free country, if the puppy is purchased by the importer, and traveling alone, it could fall under the 6 month rule. If you are entering the country with the puppy, then it should be permitted.
    Susan

Comment

Hi Susan. It's very confusing for me to understand the rules. I live in the us and will be importing puppy from Germany at 9 weeks for myself no transfer of owner after puppy is here. From what I understand the puppy does not need rabies. Is this correct.

Comment

Puppy will be traveling alone. Frankfurt to Chicago.

Comment

Please see rule 8

Comment

As this puppy is not entering the US for purposes of resale and as it is entering the US after being born in and raised in a country which the US considers as rabies-free, then its entrance should be permitted. Under no circumstances should your puppy be vaccinated for rabies under 3 months of age.

Comment

I live inside the us and will be importing puppy from Germany at nine weeks for myself no transfer of proprietor after the domestic dog is here.

Comment

Your puppy will need a health certificate for the airlines issued within 10 days of travel.

Comment

Verify with your airlines that you puppy can travel at 9 weeks. Many require 15 weeks for international travel. Also need to verify with authorities in Germany to see if the puppy needs to wait to be vaccinated for rabies before it leaves.

Comment

Working...
                  X