Transit in Istanbul with pet and 2 separate tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transit in Istanbul with pet and 2 separate tickets

Hello! I plan to travel by Turkish airlines with my cat in cabin from Vietnam to Istanbul and after it from Istanbul to Podgorica (Montenegro). These 2 tickets will be seperate and transit will be 14 hours. So I need to cross the Turkey border with my pet and check-in again on next flight.
    I will have Veterinary Certificate for my last destination Podgorica with transit in Istambul. What steps I need to do with documents after our arrival to Istambul before check-in to Podgorica?
    For example when I flew with him from Russia to Myanmar with transit in Bangkok, in Bangkok airport I visited local veterinary control in arrival hall and changed his russian health certificate to local thai health certificate. And after it we checked-in on our next flight with local certificate. I try to understand do I need to do same steps in Ataturk airport or any other steps?
    My cat has all vacinations, but doesn't have test titer of rabies. Is it ok for 14 hours transit in Ataturk airport? I read that if pet doesn't have test titer of rabies, he will spend 90 days in home quarantine in Turkey if his last destination Turkey. But it's not his last destination, we have only transit in Turkey, so I ask is it ok for 14 hours transit in Ataturk airport for my pet, if he hasn't this test?
    I emailed these questions to TA, but they answer only about rules on their flights, but nothing about transit.

Re: Transit in Istanbul with pet and 2 separate tickets

If you are traveling in the cabin, then you should stay in the secure area of the airport and not clear customs.
    Jason

Comment

Yes, I know about such condition in case if I have one ticket and checked in my origin airport till my distination airport with transit in Ataturk. Yes, in this case I shouldn't clear customs.
      I have other condition. I have ticket from Vietnam to Istanbul and second ticket from Istanbul to Podgorica through 14 hours - it's 2 different tickets, I bought them separately. In this case I need clear customs and do new check-in in Istanbul to my last distination. Because of it I asked you questions above

Comment

If Turkish Airlines cannot tell you how to recheck your cat without going through customs, then you need to be prepared to clear customs in Turkey. You can find requirements to enter Turkey here: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/turkey.cfm. Likely, the titer test will be waived as you have proof that you are on another flight.

Comment

Working...
        X