Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP PLEASE. Taking My Cat To Kathmandu, From Singapore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP PLEASE. Taking My Cat To Kathmandu, From Singapore.

Hi Everyone,

We are relocating to Kathmandu, Nepal in July from Papua New Guinea and we want to take our domestic cat with us. We need your help please because we cannot find an airline who will take livestock from Singapore to Kathmandu.

We are a British couple living in Papua New Guinea and we will be moving to Kathmandu, Nepal shortly. We want to take our domestic cat with us. The cat was born in PNG and is currently five months old, weighs about 3.5kg, is in good health and we are working with our PNG Veterinery Centre to ensure that all the required treatments and documentation are complete and up to date so this will not be a problem.

We will be travelling on 29 July, transitting at Singapore, the cat will travel with us to Singapore, no problems so far. Then after an overnight stay in Singapore we travel to Kathmandu on the 30th with Silk Air, who we have learned will not transport livestock. Because the cat cannot travel from SIN - KTM with us, we need to find a solution please.

Does anyone have experience of taking their pet to Kathmandu from Singapore? Which Company did you use? Would you recommend your service provider?
    Did your pet travel as unacommpanied cargo? Please tell me about your experience.

Many Thanks
    Dennis

Re: HELP PLEASE. Taking My Cat To Kathmandu, From Singapore.

Hello - in order to spend the night in Singapore and change airlines, you will need to clear customs with your cat and enter the country. This will likely incur quarantine for your kitty. Is there not another route through another city? (we cannot find any airline that serves the entire route.)
    Phil

Comment

It's very difficult to travel with your pets along on Singapore airport

Comment

Dennis - what we would suggest is to contact an agent in Australia to see if it is possible for your cat to change airlines in either Brisbane or Sydney without entering Australia. The problem with changing airline companies is that they do not interline pets and the new check-in will require you to clear customs. If an agent handles the transfer, it may be possible. If it is, then you may want to consider Air Niugini or Qantas to Malaysia Airlines at Sydney or Virgin Australia to Thai Airways at Brisbane. An agent could better advise you of the best route out of Australia; however, it is likely your cat will need to fly as air cargo. You can search for one at IPATA.org.
        Susan

Comment

If you every get your cat through. I suggest placing a 3G GPS tracking device on it. We don't know what are the odds of loosing your cat in the foreign place. happy traveling!

Comment

Try this tracker that I found on facebook www.facebook.com/trackimo/

Comment

Working...
            X