United Airlines - Brazil to USA with French Bulldog puppy as carry on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United Airlines - Brazil to USA with French Bulldog puppy as carry on

I will be traveling from Rio to New Orleans in March on United. The puppy will be less than 10 lbs and a little over 4 months old. I plan to carry on. I understand I will need the rabies vaccination certificate, and a certificate of health. Is anything else required? I looked on the United website, and called the airline, but just want to make sure their are no surprises at check in. Could it be a problem if the owner is different from the person traveling with the puppy? Past experiences, advice, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: United Airlines - Brazil to USA with French Bulldog puppy as carry on

Don't vaccinate your puppy for rabies before 3 months of age and wait for 30 days before traveling. (US and United requirements). Your puppy will also need proof of a screwworm test between one and five days of entering the US. If the owner is not entering the US with the pet, a letter (like a Power of Attorney) should accompany the representative authorizing them to transport your puppy on your behalf. Letter should cite name of puppy, breed, sex, date of travel, flight number, airline, etc. It would not be a bad idea to notarize the document.
    Susan

Comment

Working...
    X