Health Certificate Format?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health Certificate Format?

Hi all - I am working on bringing two pets from EU to USA. I have been to the vet to make sure all is up to date with the pets. I inquired about a health certificate and the vet proposed drafting a letter in MS Word to accompany the up to date pet passports stating animals are in good health, have all shots, microchip, etc.

My question is, is there an official form that needs to be filled in to qualify as a health certificate or will a letter signed dated and stamped by the veterinarian be sufficient. I have been searching this forum and Google but, aside from what should be on the "health certificate" I can't find any official form or document.

I just want to make sure I do it correctly the first time so the trip to the US is as smooth as possible.

Thanks!

Re: Health Certificate Format?

Hello Der Meister - if your pets are dogs, they will need a rabies certificate proving current rabies vaccination that was administered no sooner than 30 days prior to entering the US. Cats can clear customs but many states require rabies vaccination so it would depend on the state in the US you are entering. As for the health certificate, you can find links to an international health certificate as well as instructions for entering the US with a pet here: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/unitedstates.cfm.
    Susan

Comment

Since this is a new thread, I assume it is accurate yet I can not find anything that speaks to a health certifcate coming into the US. The CDC manages that and all they require is current proof of rabies as noted in this link https://www.cdc.gov/importation/bringing-an-animal-into-the-united-states/dogs.html

Comment

The CDC does not require a health certificate for pets entering the US, but many States do and also many airlines do and that is why we recommend it.
        Susan

Comment

need a health certificate for my dog to travel along with me

Comment

It totally depends on which airline you are flying and where you are going.
            Jason

Comment

Working...
            X