Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cat from Salt Lake City to Madrid - stopping in Philadelphia for 3 hours.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat from Salt Lake City to Madrid - stopping in Philadelphia for 3 hours.

Hi all,

I seek some advice.

I booked a ticket from Salt Lake City to Madrid - stopping in Phili for a few hours - all American Airlines.

I was advised that putting my cat under the seat with me would not be a problem......but since booking it now appears this is not allowed on trans-atlantic flights.

Ok - i can put her in the cargo hold - but i have seen in Phili they will not transfer her to the other plane if ground temperature is less than 45 degrees - the years average on the date i fly is 40 degrees.

Any ideas or advice? I land in Phili at 2pm - the warmest part of the day - how strict is this rule? Can a coat help her? What are my options?

Also - in Phili - once customer service person i need to get cat and bag, and re-checkin - this surely can't be true as it's the same airline - and the cat and bag will be treated as transfer product?

Meeow.....need to get to nature in Spain.

Re: Cat from Salt Lake City to Madrid - stopping in Philadelphia for 3 hours.

Wayki - it is true that the airline will not transport a pet if the ground temperature anywhere along the route is less than 45 degrees F. If your cat is an outdoor cat and accustomed to cold temperatures, you can ask if they will accept an acclimation certificate. We would suggest calling American Airlines again and ask about claiming and re-checking your pet. Air France does that, but we were not aware that American does and, if they do, they need to include it in their terms and conditions.
    Susan

Comment

Re: Cat from Salt Lake City to Madrid - stopping in Philadelphia for 3 hours.

thank you so much!! :-)

Comment

Working...
      X