Pet traveling to Thailand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet traveling to Thailand

I was wondering if anyone has experience with USDA requirements for traveling with a pet to Thailand? Specifically, our pet has rabies vac. and other vacs. given 14 months ago. The website says that vacs. must be given 21 days prior to departure. Unfortunately I did not know this detail. We have a vet appointment for 7 days prior to departure for vacs. Was wondering if USDA will deny giving health certificate because we are 2 weeks late on vacs?

Re: Pet traveling to Thailand

Misti - the rabies vaccination must be given no sooner than 21 days ahead of travel if it is either the first vaccination or the previous vaccination has expired or was given more than 12 months ago.
    Susan

Comment

Thank you Susan, our rabies is good for 3 years, so we don't have to worry about that aspect. If vacs are not given within 21 days (will be 7) do you know if Thailand will deny pet entry?

Comment

Misti - been researching this and, if the vaccination was not administered within the past 12 months, it may be a problem. Enforcement is very difficult to predict.
        Still researching...

Susan

Comment

MIsti - cannot find any exception to the 12 month vaccination rule. Let us know if you learn anything different.
          Susan

Comment

I have never experience but I don't think that traveling with pet s safe.

Comment

Working...
            X