Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattooed pup.

Good evening,
    I am importing a pup to the UK from Germany and was wondering if anyone knows if the pup is allowed its ears tattooed before being imported as I'm having difficulty finding any info on this when I have searched Google?
    The other pups in the litter have been tattooed but the breeder didn't get my pup done as she said it's forbidden since 2011?
    Whilst searching Google I came across a tattoo register UK site offering the tattoo service so I assume it's ok. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    Stevolad

Re: Tattooed pup.

Steveolad - the EU has not accepted tatoos as identification since 2011. Currently, dogs, cats and ferrets must be microchipped to be in accordance with the law in the UK.
    Susan

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      Steveolad - the EU has not accepted tatoos as identification since 2011. Currently, dogs, cats and ferrets must be microchipped to be in accordance with the law in the UK.
      Susan
      The pup is microchipped and the other pups in the litter are tattooed but the German lady hasn't tattooed the pup I'm importing as she thinks it's illegal here? I found a UK website offering dog tattoo's so it can't be illegal here??? It shouldn't be a problem me importing a pup with its ears tattooed should it?

Comment

We do not believe that tattooing a pet's ears is illegal in the UK, but you may want to review animal welfare laws to be sure: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/animal-welfare-legislation-protecting-pets. Just know that a tattoo cannot be used to identify a pet unless it is clear and was done prior to July, 2011.
        Jason

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
          We do not believe that tattooing a pet's ears is illegal in the UK, but you may want to review animal welfare laws to be sure: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/animal-welfare-legislation-protecting-pets. Just know that a tattoo cannot be used to identify a pet unless it is clear and was done prior to July, 2011.
          Jason
          Thank you for your time and help it is much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X