I want to ship 2 dogs (pit bull and boxer) from Colombia to Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to ship 2 dogs (pit bull and boxer) from Colombia to Miami

When my late husband and I left California to live in Panama 7 years ago, we used Mexicana Airlines for ourselves and our 3 dogs because no US airline would take pit bulls. We had absolutely no problems. I am moving back to the US in mid-December but won't be shipping my dogs to the US until late January. The reason? I am flying into LA (10 hours in transit) and that flight is too long for the dogs; I will pick them up in Miami (about a 3-hour non-stop flight). United Cargo Service doesn't exist in Colombia and that was the only major US carrier that would ship pit bulls. An official pit bull website states that American and Delta Airlines do but, from what I read on their sites, they don't. I know there are seasonal temperature restrictions on shipping boxers but that's no problem. My problem is my pit. She is almost 14 years old but is in good health. Does anyone out there have any experience with shipping pets via Avianca or any other Central/South American airline? I would appreciate any advice you could give me.

Re: I want to ship 2 dogs (pit bull and boxer) from Colombia to Miami

You will need to find a foriegn flagged carrier as I am not aware of any US airline that will accept pit bulls. In order to bring the pets into the US they must have a current health certificate and be inspected for screwworm before leaving Colombia. If you need the complete instructions and forms for the US go to [url]www.pettravelstore.com[/url] and then click on Pet Passports _ Immigration Info and scroll down to the United States. We can email everything to you.

jerry

Comment

Jerry and xuanxanh99,

Thanks so much. I still have hopes that Delta Dash Cargo for pets MAY take them. I need to call and make sure. If not, there's always Avianca, Taca, etc.

I appreciate your advice,
      Pat

Comment

Pat..I think Delta Dash will help you fly your pets. Hope you made it happen.

Comment

I believe your only choice is a foriegn flagged carriet such as Avianca or Taca. I am not aware of any US airline accepting them at this time.
          Jerry

Comment

Working...
          X