Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet travel from usa to germany

Hi,
    we are going to travel with our 2 dogs from Boston to Munich, Germany soon. One dog is returning "home" after 2,5 years and holding an EU Pet Passport. The other 9 month old pup we got here in the US and are taking with us too. On my web search I found different informations about if a Health Certificate (ANNEX IV) issued by an USDA official vet is necessary or not.
    USDA webpages says not required if holding an EU passport but needed if a rabies booster is/was given (Pet dogs, cats, and ferrets returning to the EU after traveling to the United States may be accompanied by an EU Pet Passport issued prior to leaving the EU. An EU health certificate issued in the United States is not required, and APHIS should not endorse the Passport. If an animal needs a rabies booster while in the United States, this information cannot be entered into the EU Passport by a US veterinarian. A regular EU health certificate must be issued by the U.S. accredited veterinarian and endorsed by APHIS.) Both our dogs got rabies vaccines here in the US, the EU passport holding one only a refresh...)
    Germany.info says Health Certificate is needed (.... When entering the Federal Republic of Germany directly from the United States with dogs, cats or ferrets, you must have with you a health certificate issued by an official veterinarian in accordance with the EU uniform sample, as well as supporting documents, such as a vaccination certificate. The animals must not be intended for sale..)
    Does anyone made some experiences with this lately? I guess I should go for the Health C. for both and I get the documents by my local vet, I wonder if they will send it over to the USDA official veterinarian to get it approved. How long does this take usually? I donīt want to be too late and start early enough...
    Thanks for any advice!
    Pam

Re: Pet travel from usa to germany

Pam - as your pets were vaccinated in the US, you need to reflect that vaccination on an Annex IV form. Also, you should check with your airline to see if they require an APHIS7001 form. If your pet is traveling as air cargo, this form will be required.
    Susan

Comment

Re: Pet travel from usa to germany

Originally posted by admin View Post
      Pam - as your pets were vaccinated in the US, you need to reflect that vaccination on an Annex IV form. Also, you should check with your airline to see if they require an APHIS7001 form. If your pet is traveling as air cargo, this form will be required.
      Susan
      Thanks Susan!
      Our pets go per cargo with the same flight as us. I will check with Lufthansa.

Comment

Working...
      X