Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travelling with bulldog from LAX to China via Narita or Taipei?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling with bulldog from LAX to China via Narita or Taipei?

Hi -

I am moving to China with my french bulldog at the end of April. Originally booked China Southern for a direct flight into Guangzhou so no quarantine required. Unfortunately/Luckily I checked their pet policy again yesterday and found out they no longer accept bulldgs Now i have to scramble to come up with a new travel plan...

My 2 options for now are:
    1. Take ANA and have 1.5 hour layover in Narita, cons are they won't replenish his water/food during transit and if weather get too hot, they will refuse my dog on board.
    2. Take EVA but layover is 4 hours in Taipei, crews will replenish water and food if given direction.

I am kind of torn and hoping someone can give me some feedback on this whole situation; safety of my dog is my top priority.
    Also, does anybody have experience transit in Tokyo, is there any document required for layover?

Thank you

Re: Travelling with bulldog from LAX to China via Narita or Taipei?

Daphne - we have heard very positive things about EVA through Taiwan from several pet owners. A transit permit is required, but they are very good at transiting pets. This does not mean that ANA is a poor airline, but you certainly don't want to have your pet stranded due to high temperatures. Let us know how it works out either way.
    Susan

Comment

Susan - thank you for the reply, yes, i discussed with my husband, he too agree we should go with EVA. EVA leaves at midnight and arrives Taiwan in early morning, so temperature should not be an issue where ANA leaves at noon. It will definitely be more uncomfortable for Pudding, but we think it's safer/less risky...

Daphne

Comment

Were you able to make arrangements for your Frenchie to fly into China and avoid Quarantine? I am in that same position for January. I am not sure it is possible. Any tips or information would be greatly appreciated.
        Amy

Comment

Amy - you can avoid quarantine by flying into Guangzhou; however, you will need an agent to help get you a health certificate for your pet so it can continue flying domestically.
          Susan

Comment

Working...
          X