Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendation for a company, USA-UK Dog Move.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendation for a company, USA-UK Dog Move.

Hi,

We will soon (ish) be returning back to the UK from the US and will be bringing our 2 year old miniature Poodle cross Freddie with us.

I have started looking into the relocation process and it seems massively complicated, so was wondering if anyone could reccomend a company that can assist us with making sure we have all the correct procedures/forms/medical checks done in the correct order. We don't really need an end to end service, and i'm more than happy to do the physical preparing him for travel and dropping him off/collecting him bits, just looking for a service that will book/communicate with the airline e.t.c

Anyway, hopefully some of you will be able to advise the companies to use and any companies to avoid.

Thanks!

Gareth

Re: Recommendation for a company, USA-UK Dog Move.

Gareth - it is not difficult to prepare your pet to travel to the UK, especially if you are traveling with your pet. You can find step by step regulations here: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/UnitedKingdom.cfm. Your pup will need to fly as air cargo and clear customs at Heathrow, Gatwick, Manchester, Edinburg, Glasgow or Dublin (depending on where you are going.). You can contact the cargo department of an airline that flies the entire route to make a reservation for your pet. On the UK side, your pet will be collected from the plane by a licensed agent (most likely arranged by the airline and built into the price of transport), taken to the Animal Reception Center which is where you will collect your pet after it is processed. All that said, we transport pets and can assist if you are traveling from the US and would feel better if an agent arranges your pup's transport. We would be happy to give you a no-obligation, free quote for our services. All we ask is that you give us some information about your pet and when you intend to travel. You can enter this information here: http://www.pettraveltransport.com/pettransportquote.html.

Let us know if you need further assistance. Happy to help. Susan

Comment

Hi Susan,

Thanks for the reply, i don't notice it until now.

I have been investigating myself in the intervening period, and it doesn't seem that bad actually, plus the difference in costs between BA Freight and getting a service is vast, so that's focused my mind!

I think we are pretty set, but i did have a few questions related to the Rabies requirement, and was hoping someone could advise.

Freddie's Microchip was implanted by the Humane society before we adopted him, we do have dated records for that, but they're not signed/certified by anyone.

We have a Rabies certificate from a few weeks ago showing his Microchip number as well as the Vet's details and it's signed by the vet. However they have signed it in Black ink not Blue.

So, question is, is it an issue that the Microchip installation was not certified or installed by the same vet that did the rabies vaccination, also is it an issue that the certification is not in blue ink?

Thanks

Gareth

Comment

Gareth - your pup will need an Annex IV form (assuming you are traveling with him) completed by a USDA-accredited vet and endorsed by your State USDA office within 10 days of travel. Your pet's microchip number and vaccinations will be recorded on this form by your vet who will also scan your pet's chip to validate it. Your vet will sign this form in blue ink to show it is the original. Your pup will also need a tapeworm treatment between one and five days of entering the UK.
        Susan

Comment

We provide safe and secure international pet travel and transportation to any destination. Hire Airvets to make your move easier anywhere in the world!
          http://www.airvets.com/international-pet-transport-to-netherlands/

Comment

Working...
          X