Traveling with cats from USA to Saudi Arabia - Jeddah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling with cats from USA to Saudi Arabia - Jeddah

I'm wondering about what are the necessary procedures to travel from the U.S. To Saudi Arabia?! Someone told me that I must ratification health certificates from the Saudi consulate!! I live in Saudi Arabia/ Jeddah and I bought a cat from a breeder in the U.S., so I'm just coming there to bring it back with me, I know that I must extract a permit from the Ministry of Agriculture here in Jeddah, so my question is: is it necessary to ratification all health papers from the Saudi consulate if I already have the permit from the actual ministry of agriculture here in Saudi Arabia?!!!! I've called the Saudi Arabian airline in NY the said its a must!! But I've just got a cat from Istanbul last week, the Saudi Arabian counter guy told me I'm missing 1 paper for the cat that i must get from the Saudi embassy in Istanbul, I handled him the permit I've got then voila I'm done!! Just paid for it $150 as an extra luggage. Is it the same there??
    I even called the ministry of agriculture here and asked them about that, the guy told me it's not necessary anymore as long as I already extracted a permit from here, they used to ask ppl to go through this procedure before but not anymore since about a year!!
    I'm a bit afraid and lost I have to book everything before I get there.
Working...
X