Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

traveling with two cats ( it seems impossible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traveling with two cats ( it seems impossible)

i'm having some trouble getting two cats to travel by plane with me. I am leaving for Cambodia mid November and would like to take my two cats with me ( as the trip is really a move to work for an NGO). Cambodia does not have any heavy restrictions on bringing pets into the country. However, the airlines I have called have told me that I can only take one cat with me in the cabin as the planes going into Cambodia will not accommodate any pets in the cargo. i'm pulling my hair out and even considering backing out on the job. What are the other options so that my pet family and I can stay together?

Thank you so much for your help.

Re: traveling with two cats ( it seems impossible)

I know of no reason why the airlines would not accept pets into Cambodia as checked baggage. I sugges you make further inquiry of the airlines. You might talk with the air cargo department of the airline you are flying as they are more familiar with the rules. Even though the pet flies as air cargo it would still be on the same flight as you are on and in the same special section of the cargo hold where the temperature and pressure is the same as in the cabin.

Jerry

Comment

Hello [B]Theartbook..!![/B]

I totally admire the wordings of [B]"Mr. Jerry"[/B],that you have to contact the higher authorities regarding this problem.....You are not carrying [B]a bomb or a gun[/B] with you ,so,convince the higher authorities and they will really help you in taking your cats......[B]Good luck...........[/B]

With Regards,
      [B]Tom Ruderr.[/B]

Comment

If you really want to take your cats with you then why don't you use pet travel agencies.Its a secure way.One of the best travel agencies i know is pet express.

Comment

There is no reason why the airlines would not accept pets, because you pay the airline to take your pet in the plane and I know that one of the best travel agencies i know is pet express.

Comment

It may be possible that you can travel with your pets but you should check with appropriate carrier about their policy. Various travel agencies can be helpful but it is not always possible for pets to travel on the same flight with their owner.

Comment

It is possible with Cambodian airlines as they are pet friendly nations.. I think you can fly with them. But its always good to check with other airlines as well.

Comment

Working...
              X