Exchanging US pet transport paperwork for a European Pet Passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchanging US pet transport paperwork for a European Pet Passport

I moved to Ireland from the USA in August with my dog and had all of her pet transport paperwork signed off upon entry to the EU in London. We are planning to move to Portugal this Summer. How do I exchange this approved EU paperwork for an actual European Pet Passport? Is there a window of time when this has to be done? Does she have to go through any part of the the process again?

Re: Exchanging US pet transport paperwork for a European Pet Passport

Hello - you should visit a veterinarian in Ireland to get a new EU Pet Passport. As long as your pet's rabies vaccination has been kept current, then you should be good to go, else your pet should have a rabies vaccination a minimum of 21 days prior to entering Portugal. Ask your airline whether they will require a health certificate.
    Susan

Comment

Hi, if anybody is looking for information on travelling with pets, we have some useful info on our blog lucky-nomads.com . we are just about to travel uk to thailand and have travelled with the dogs in europe so you can have a look on our blog or ask us questions on it

Comment

Thank you so much Susan!!

Comment

Working...
        X