Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I take a Staffordshire Bull Terrier into Thailand

Hi

I'm going to be moving to Chiang Mai for a while and was planning to bring my Staffy with me, however I seem to be finding conflicting information about whether or not they are a banned breed in Thailand. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Thanks

Re: Can I take a Staffordshire Bull Terrier into Thailand

There are no specific rules for Thailand although most EU countries ban the breed. You may have difficulty finding an airline that will agree to transport the animal.
    Jerry

Comment

Okay thanks Jerry, I will do some further digging regarding airlines. Hopefully I can figure something out as I couldnt leave him behind

Comment

I exported my two Staffies from UK to Ho Chi Minh City which was troublesome to say the least. There is very little information out there which is of any real use. Please be mindful that if you do decide to return to the UK your dog will have to go into quarantine for six months regardless if you have a pet passport. Quarantine alone is well in excess of 1,500 and that is without flights which are roughly another 1,000 on top. I appreciate that you wouldn't want to leave you dog but you must consider if you are likely to return to the UK then you will be spending six months apart although you can visit. I found this out first hand as my two are going to cost me 5,000 to return to the UK.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
        X