Question re: pet reservations and non-carrier ticket websites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question re: pet reservations and non-carrier ticket websites

I'm looking for a cheap international flight (under $2000) from LA to Berlin that I can bring my cat into the cabin on. I found a United flight listed at united.com for almost $3000, but then I found the same flight for $1000 at getawayasap.com. I called United to find out if I had to reserve a flight over the phone when bringing a cat. They said I could book online, at any website, and it would be fine as long as I called afterwards and made arrangements for the cat.

Does this sound right? I'm surprised to find the same flight listed for a third of the price on a different website. Can anyone advise on wether or not this would be a good approach? Thank you!

Re: Question re: pet reservations and non-carrier ticket websites

You should call United back and make sure that your cat will be allowed in the cabin to Berlin. US Animal Welfare laws limit the amount of time that pets can travel contained. Most US based airlines say around 9 hours.

Comment

Re: Question re: pet reservations and non-carrier ticket websites

Thanks. I called again and they said yes, pets are allowed on international flights. They didn't say anything about a limit on the length of time. I'm not too confident in the website selling the cheap ticket though, so I might keep looking for other options.

Comment

Working...
      X