Traveling Denver to Croatia Via Frankfurt with a large dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling Denver to Croatia Via Frankfurt with a large dog

I traveled on Lufthansa with my dog last August 10th from Denver, Colorado, USA to Zagreb, Croatia. I had a 5 hour layover in Frankfurt. I was very nervous about how my dog would be considering the heat. I was told by Lufthansa that my dog would be taken out of her kennel and walked. Indeed, there was evidence that she was taken out. Her water bottle, which leaks when moved around, had also been refilled and one of the agents even attached an additional container to catch the water that was leaking! The kennel had also been cleaned and additional water absorbant material put in. I cannot tell you how grateful I am that Lufthansa took such good care of my dog. When anyone asks me about traveling with a pet, I tell them, without a doubt, always fly Lufthansa.

This type of information is very valuable to other traveling pet owners. Thank you for letting us know about your experience.
    Jerry

Comment

It seems that they went beyond their job duties to cater to your pet. That makes me very happy to know and I'll definitely think of Lufthansa the next time I fly with my pets internationally. I am always a nervous wreck waiting for my dog to come out after landing. I never know what to expect and hear so many bad stories. It sounds like Lufthansa cares about all their travelers, including the pets.

Comment

Working...
      X