Relaxing in-cabin cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relaxing in-cabin cats

Hi, my wife will be traveling from Japan to Atlanta with her mother and our two cats in a couple of months. We think one of the cats will be ok during the trip (quiet) but we are afraid that the other one will be crying constantly, she is rather nervous. I was wondering if there are things that my wife can do to try to keep the cats relaxed and quiet on the trip. I have no doubt that a cats crying on an international flight would be far worse that a baby's. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, I have already sent my wife some facial hormone spray since it said it could help a cat relax. My wife said that when she took the cat to the vet it she used it and she didn't notice any difference. The cat cried the whole way.

Thanks,
    Mike

I would suggest trying Happy Traveler which is an all natural pet calmer. It comes in soft capsules which you can split apart and sprinkle over your cat's food or give in a treat. Try it at home before you travel and see if it makes a difference. Also, be sure and pack a familiar article with your scent on it. Might help. Here is a link to Happy Traveler if you are interested. Lots of people have had great success with it.
    [B][URL]http://www.classypets.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CPTS&Product_C ode=AID003&Category_Code=PTSMED[/URL][/B]
    [B][/B]

Comment

I used to have a siamese cat and she was terrible during trips. I would hate to take her on an international flight. I'm sure everyone would hate me by the end of that flight. One thing that you might want to try is treats or cat nip during the flight to distract the cat. I know my cats will drop everything including their whining or attitude to eat and roll in some catnip.

Comment

Re: Relaxing in-cabin cats

Hi,

I was wondering how that went, I mean traveling from Japan with two cats in the cabin.
        Did the nervous cat do okay? I am interested to hear more about the trip in detail as I am
        considering going to the U.S. also with two cats in tow. I currently reside in Japan.

Noriko

Comment

Hi,

I would also like to know how you made out travelling with your nervous cat. My husband and I are moving from The Netherlands to Canada (non-stop flight, thank goodness!) in March/April and we have a very nervous little kitty. Everytime we take her to the vet she cries the whole way and I am very nervous everyone on the plane will hate me and my crying cat by the end of the flight!

Thanks!
          Amanda

Comment

Own convaince is best option in these condition,...
            [url=http://petmultivitamin.com/]animal vitamins[/url]

Comment

Working...
            X