Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly Flying with my dog in Cargo in April Scard and Need Advice

Hi there,

Basically I joined this forum to ask this question and get information about pet travel.

My name is Beck I'm 24 and I have a female Welsh Springer Spaniel - she weighs about 35 pounds. She is a small-ish medium dog. She has an outgoing, stubborn, determined, very people oriented temperament. She is not timid or shy. She is a show dog. She is nine months old and would be just under a year during the possible flight

Our breed's National is in Maryland this year, very near my breeder. I live in Illinois - it's just too far for me to want to drive.

It is unlikely (but not impossible) that I can find a direct flight due to flying into and out of two small airports. I can find a flight with only a single transfer though.

I have flown with Riff as a puppy in June but then she was so small she could fly under my seat. No longer, she'd have to go in Cargo.

And I'm terrified. I know people fly their dogs every day without incident.. but there are so many horror stories out there. Riff is very very special to me and I'd be devastated if something happened to her. Can you guys give me some hope and GOOD experiences and encouragement. Basically I'm looking for someone to tell me I'm not insane to try to fly with my dog....

Re: Possibly Flying with my dog in Cargo in April Scard and Need Advice

Beck - maybe you could look into an agent driving Riff is you are uncomfortable flying him. What city in Illinois are you located in and where are you going in Maryland?
    Susan

Comment

Working...
    X