Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name of the certificate to travel with a dog for medical or psychological reasons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name of the certificate to travel with a dog for medical or psychological reasons?

hi i do really need a dog for my healh but at the airport they need a special paper.

There seems to be many agencies so i want to know wich certificate works for inside usa and its limitations

tx

Loving dogs - each airline is different. You can find requirements for ESA documentation for major US airlines here: [url]https://blog.pettravel.com/index.php/emotional-support-service-animals-airline-policies-and-how-they-are-changing/[/url]
    Susan

Comment

To receive a letter certifying you require emotional support in the United States, you need to have been diagnosed with a mental health disability. Then, you need to have a conversation with your mental health provider regarding your desire to have an emotional support animal. Consider what support you need from such an animal - how will it aid in your mental health. Any licensed mental health provider can write such a letter on their practice letterhead, including their license number. Please remember than ESAs are only for housing and some travel, they do not allow you to bring an animal into other public places.

Comment

Working...
      X