Small dog from Cayman Islands to Manchester, England on British Airways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small dog from Cayman Islands to Manchester, England on British Airways

Hi, I am leaving the island on March 3 and taking our small dog (Shih Tzu/Pekingese Mix) with us. The total weight with her and the carrier is 22 lbs and they want to charge me US$1248 - surely this can't be right for such a small dog?!?!! If anyone can help or advise anything different please let me know.
    Thanks!

Re: Small dog from Cayman Islands to Manchester, England on British Airways

There are several reasons why the cost to transport a pet to the UK is so expensive. First of all, it must travel as manifest cargo which is a tracked transport which notifies the Animal Reception Center of your arrival. This class of service is more expensive than traveling as accompanied checked baggage. The second reason is because the airline is building in the cost of a licensed agent who will collect your pet from the airplane and take it to the Animal Reception Center (ARC) where you will pick it up. That cost can average around $600 itself. You can also expect clearance fees at ARC.
    Susan

Comment

Re: Small dog from Cayman Islands to Manchester, England on British Airways

Originally posted by admin View Post
      There are several reasons why the cost to transport a pet to the UK is so expensive. First of all, it must travel as manifest cargo which is a tracked transport which notifies the Animal Reception Center of your arrival. This class of service is more expensive than traveling as accompanied checked baggage. The second reason is because the airline is building in the cost of a licensed agent who will collect your pet from the airplane and take it to the Animal Reception Center (ARC) where you will pick it up. That cost can average around $600 itself. You can also expect clearance fees at ARC.
      Susan
      Thanks, any idea how much the clearance fee is at Manchester Airport?!

Comment

Working...
      X