Bangkok to Montreal with my cat in cabin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkok to Montreal with my cat in cabin

I will be travelling with Air France. I was told by Air France that I need to met the UE requirements even if I am only in transit for 2:50 hours. But my question is mostly during the trip. First leg of the trip is 12 hours + around 4 hours to go to airport.

When should I feed my cat before leaving. Should I feed him on board and how many times.

The second leg of the trip is 8 hours + 2 to 3 hours arriving in Montreal. Same question apply.

Can anyone explain to me what is the best practice for a long trip like this.

Does anyone know of a way to calm him down (only if necessary) which does not involve medication.

Thank you for any suggestion.

Re: Bangkok to Montreal with my cat in cabin

Air France is requiring that you clear customs and enter the EU just to board another Air France flight? That is a major concern for you unless your pet has been titer tested at least 3 calendar months prior to your travel. that may require some clarification from the airlines unless you are boarding another leg of your flight that is run by a code share partner.

You should feed your pet 4-5 hours prior to traveling and not sooner. Keep water available, however as traveling can be dehydrating. There are companies that offer all natural pet calmers like this http://www.pettravelstore.com/pet-calmers/ Maybe you can find it at pet stores in Bangkok. As for feeding, your kitty may not eat during the trip and it will not hurt them to skip a meal. You can slip them a hard kibble when they are in their carrier if they show signs of being hungry, but do not feed your cat too much. Stress can cause problems on a full stomach.
    Susan

Comment

Re: Bangkok to Montreal with my cat in cabin

Thank you very much, I will check with Air France since I will be using the same airline for the second leg of my travel.

Comment

Working...
      X