No announcement yet.

dog travel EU Romania Ukraine Romania

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dog travel EU Romania Ukraine Romania

    I am travelling for a holiday there and taking dog for 3 months by road.

    Dog is micro chipped and is a regular traveller UK to France and EU. And back to UK.

    Health Certificate to state that the pet has no clinical signs of Aujosskys disease, Distemper, Rabies, Leishmaoiasis and Leptospirosis.

    Vaccinations: Distemper, rabies, hepatitis, parvovirus, Leptospirosis and Parainfluenza.

    Is there a time limit on rabies test done in July 2011?

    Outbound Ukraine International Health Certificate?
    Plus inoculation history?
    Is there a limit on time for rabies inoculations? UK is for 3 years.
    The issue is return:
    Tapeworm inoculation 24 to 120 hours before border crossing together with VET examination.
    Obviously rabies must be current.
    Is UK Pet Passport enough?
    Plus inoculation history?

  • #2
    Re: dog travel EU Romania Ukraine Romania

    You will not have a problem entering Ukraine with the documentation that you have mentioned, but returning will be a problem. The EU (and UK) considers Ukraine to be a high-rabies country. This means that a titer test needs to be done no sooner than 30 days after microchipping and rabies vaccination and, assuming acceptable results, your pet can re-enter the EU 3 calendar months after the day the blood was drawn for the test. You should also get your pet an EU pet passport if you have not already done so if you are traveling by car.


    • #3
      Re: dog travel EU Romania Ukraine Romania

      What are you trying to accomplish? Are you traveling with your pet?


      • #4
        Re: dog travel EU Romania Ukraine Romania

        For animals originating in an EU Member State, the "pet passport", can be used and comes in a booklet form, blue in color with the EU emblem of yellow stars. This passport is a document standardized throughout the EU.In the case of animals originating in a qualifying country other than an EU Member State the "passport" is in the form of a "Veterinary Certificate", must consist of a single sheet, be printed in the language of Member State of entry and in English and be completed in the language of the Member State of entry or English. North American vets write dates confusingly, sometimes in two different formats on the same document. The correct layout requested, and the ISO Standard, is dd/mm/yyyy.