X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: I have a different problem

Originally posted by petmc View Post
    I have a different problem. I volunteer at an animal shelter in a city with a large university. International students often adopt a dog or cat (or in one instance a rabbit) and then abandon them or return them when they return home. During the adotion process they "always" say they will take the pet home with them. What I want to know is what in detail do they have to do when they travel with a pet which is intended to stay in the receiving country. I want to be able to give them a handout that says what they will have to do and get their agreement that that is what they intend to do. I am mostly concerned with China and Japan.
    I will try my best
    Last edited by admin; 10-29-2014, 12:47 PM. Reason: No back links please

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    Re: I have a different problem

Petmc - the regulations on bringing a pet to China and Japan are pretty strict and involve quarantine. It depends on what country the dog or cat is entering from. You can find regulations on importing a pChina here: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/china.cfm or Japan: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/Japan.cfm.
    Susan

Leave a comment:

• petmc
    started a topic I have a different problem

I have a different problem

I have a different problem. I volunteer at an animal shelter in a city with a large university. International students often adopt a dog or cat (or in one instance a rabbit) and then abandon them or return them when they return home. During the adotion process they "always" say they will take the pet home with them. What I want to know is what in detail do they have to do when they travel with a pet which is intended to stay in the receiving country. I want to be able to give them a handout that says what they will have to do and get their agreement that that is what they intend to do. I am mostly concerned with China and Japan.
Working...
X