Travelling with my dog from Nigeria to The Netherlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling with my dog from Nigeria to The Netherlands

Hi, I took our dog to Lagos, Nigeria. She has all the vaccinations necessary and a certified health certificate/passport. I plan to travel to- and from Lagos- to Holland with her. Is there any additional thing that I need to take care of? Does she need the Rabies blood immunity test result before travelling back to Holland? It stated that that's only necessary if the dog comes from a Rabies country, is that the case with Nigeria?
    Look forward to hearing from you, Fiona van Alphen, Lagos, Nigeria

Re: Travelling with my dog from Nigeria to The Netherlands

Hello Fiona - Nigeria is indeed a high-risk country and a titer test will be required. Here is the process: first - microchip, then vaccinate for rabies (in that order), then wait 30 days, then titer test. Assuming an acceptable result, your pet can enter the Netherlands 90 days after the day the blood was drawn for the titer test. You will also need an Annex II form for the Netherlands completed within 10 days of travel. You can find more detail and links to forms and instructions here if you need them: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/Holland_Netherlands.cfm.
    Susan

Comment

Re: Travelling with my dog from Nigeria to The Netherlands

Originally posted by admin View Post
      Hello Fiona - Nigeria is indeed a high-risk country and a titer test will be required. Here is the process: first - microchip, then vaccinate for rabies (in that order), then wait 30 days, then titer test. Assuming an acceptable result, your pet can enter the Netherlands 90 days after the day the blood was drawn for the titer test. You will also need an Annex II form for the Netherlands completed within 10 days of travel. You can find more detail and links to forms and instructions here if you need them: http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/Holland_Netherlands.cfm.
      Susan
      Thanks Susan, thats very helpful. Best regards!

Comment

Working...
      X