Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travelling with dogue de bordeaux(snub nose dog)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling with dogue de bordeaux(snub nose dog)

Hi I am intending on travelling with my dogue de bordeaux from England Uk to Accra in Ghana,west africa however KLM and Lufthansa will not permit my dog on board because he is classified as brachycephalic (snub nose).

Can you please enlighten me on any commercial airlines flying from England UK to Ghana direct or indirect that will carry a snub nose type dog.
    I believe if the dog travels as cargo it is much more expensive than the 150 I was to pay if my dog traveled as excess luggage in the hold on the same aircraft as I would be travelling.

I am pretty desperate please help.

Thanks
    Roxburgh

Re: Travelling with dogue de bordeaux(snub nose dog)

Roxburgh - try TAP Potugal, Egypt Airlines or Turkish Airlines. None of them publicize restrictions on snub-nosed pets traveling as checked baggage. They all fly the route with decent (3 hour) layovers. You will have to confirm with the airlines that they will hold your pet for that long. usually 2 hours is the norm. Sure hope one of them works for you. British Airlines flies the route directly, but they will require an agent handle the transport and your pet must travel as manifest cargo.
    Susan

Comment

Working...
    X