Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling by air with pup from London UK to Ghana in west africa

Hi Guys,
    I am planning on flying with a puppy from London UK to Ghana in west Africa and I would like to know the cost involved with British air or KLM. I have been giving conflicting figures and passed from one phone number to the other.
    I am aware I do need Defra certificate and I think I have the importation order from Ghana under control but I am not sure what the airlines require of me and most importantly the cost.I have just been viewing pet carrier crates approved by airlines,I would like to have the pet checked in as luggage on the same flight with me or better still if I can have it in the cabin economy section.Not bothered either way.

Can someone or anyone help.

PS-I believe KLM is not a direct flight from London UK to Ghana but via Amsterdam ,would this affect paperwork in anyway.

Thanks
    Roxburgh

Re: Traveling by air with pup from London UK to Ghana in west africa

I cannot quote you the cost for transporting your pet from LHR to ACC, but certainly a direct flight (BA) would be preferable. If KLM is your preferable option, then as long as the layover is around 1-2 hours, the airlines will transfer your pet from plane to plane and your pet will transit the country. No forms are required.
    Susan

Comment

Re: Traveling by air with pup from London UK to Ghana in west africa

When you have Defra certificate then you are able to flay anywhere it's work in all countries. You need health certificate of your puppy.
      Puppy travel insurance is also a good idea. If you tray i think you will find direct flight UK to Ghana. If KLM have not any direct flight you can travel with British Airline. They are good and have positive reviews about travel with pet. Christianborg castle is my favorite place in Ghana. I must suggest you for visiting with you puppy you both will enjoy.

Comment

Working...
      X