Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the pet passport need to be in the name of person transporting cat - Hungary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the pet passport need to be in the name of person transporting cat - Hungary?

Hi All

HELP
    Appreciate any help anyone can offer, whilst visiting an Auntie in Hungary we decided to adopt a young 3 legged stray cat - we named 'Goulash', my Auntie is currently in the process of getting the appointment with a Hungarian vet to get his pet passport & then she will drive home (England) with him in 3 months time (if all goes well) (she makes this journey twice a year) I had offered to use a pet transport Company but she insists she is happy to do it - her query is this:
    When she gets his pet passport
    Does the name of the pet passport need to be in 'her' name or 'mine'? If she puts it in my name will she have any problems that she is carrying a cat not registered to 'her'?

Thanks
    PS. They see the vet today (he only speaks Hungarian!)

Re: Does the pet passport need to be in the name of person transporting cat - Hungary

The passport should be in her name. She is the EU resident, right? It will make everything a lot simpler.
    Susan

Comment

Working...
    X